Wednesday, March 29, 2017

CWBN Conference and Changes


Photo credit:  Annie Sprat via Unsplash

This last weekend was the Catholic Women's Blogging Network Conference in the Twin Cities.  I honestly have to admit that I signed up primarily to see some friends and have a reason to take a little vacation.  Blogging hasn't been a priority recently, honestly since about the time of my last pregnancy.  Things felt stagnant and I really wasn't sure where it all was going.  So other than a weekend of socializing I was hoping to come away with a better idea of what I was doing and where I was going with this all.

Nell, Haley, and Laura all gave some great talks - they challenged me to consider a lot of things about the current blogging world and my place in it.

I came away from this weekend renewed - this is a hobby for me, nothing I desire to make into a business.  This is a means of expressing myself creatively, supporting small business and fostering community.  I feel inspired now to make that a focal point of my online presence and recharged in my attitude.

However, that all comes with a cost.  A lot of my time was reflecting on what, when and how I am sharing my life online and one big decision came from it.  My time as "Molly Makes Do" has come to an end.  I've loved my last, almost, 6 years as MMD, but it has served its purpose and I feel as though I've spent some time in a little cocoon and am reemerging as something new.

I need to focus and limit what I'm sharing - particularly when it comes to my family and children - and the best way to do that was to start with something completely new.

So over the next couple months, I'll be slowly saying goodbye to this space - eventually, MMD will redirect to my new site, some of my posts will go back into draft form, my FB page with shut down and my Instagram will go to private.  I hope you'll follow me into this new venture - it will have more of the things we love at MMD:  book lists and crafts and stories and opinions, and even some new exciting things like an FB group to build community and a few fun projects that I can't wait to work on.

Thank you for being here.  Thank you for all the support you've given me over the last few years - I've grown as a person because of it.  This blog and the community that has sprung from it has challenged and changed me as a person; I'm more confident, social and creative because of it.  This is not goodbye, this is growing and I hope that we'll grow together.

While this site is not officially done, I hope to see you at my new project soon.....



4 comments:

  1. I just started following Molly Makes Do like two weeks ago! Ha ha ha! But I will follow you in your new space too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I honestly was exhausted just hearing about all the work it takes to build a social media presence and monetize a blog. I do really love the community, though, so like you I'm trying to figure out which direction to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be excited to see your new direction!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...