Sunday, December 27, 2015

The Long Wait for Christmas





Christmas, it finally arrived.  This was the first year I really felt I was able to live the Advent spirit.  The waiting, the doing of things slowly and intentional, the not doing of some things all together.  Since November, there has been a lot of waiting, a lot of hesitant, but joyful anticipation all leading up to a few stressful, but wonderfully happy days.  Oh yes, I got to live Advent quite fully this year and it was well worth it.

I had my own private Advent calendar ticking on my phone.  A couple more days, a couple more weeks, but my calendar was counting up, not down and then on Christmas day that wonderful mark in the calendar - 12 weeks.  Second Trimester.  It was here, wonderfully coinciding with the end of the long wait of Advent and the joy of Christmas.

The week before was full of doctors appointments, blood tests, big results .... and all good news.  Finally, after almost three years of waiting; good news.

If we continue to be blessed, to be fortunate we'll meet this new little soul around the fourth of July.



Thank you for your support over the last few years.  Thank you for knowing about and caring about my four other children in their short lives.  I know our luck doesn't change the reality for so many of us out there, that there are still friends and readers here hoping and hurting.  I won't forget you, I won't stop praying for you.

39 comments:

  1. I just can't stop smiling. SO SO SO happy for you guys! Do you have any nicknames you'll use that we can use in our prayers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So excited for you all. We will keep Shiny and all the Walters in our prayers!! 😘

      Delete
  2. This is just the best. Baby is already so cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!! So happy for you! I've been wondering about you and have kept you in my prayers the last few years as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree w Haley - cute baby!! So happy for you! Have only visited here occasionally but so many bloggers I love love you that I feel like you're a friend of a good friend :) bless you each!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, so wonderful, Molly! Praying for you and your little one and your whole family as you wait.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!! So happy for you ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!!!! Such wonderful news and such a beautiful story of your Advent! Prayers for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats!!!! Such wonderful news and such a beautiful story of your Advent! Prayers for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So wonderful! I think and pray for you often. Continued prayers for a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the best!! I'm so excited and will be praying for the absolute best 6 months ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sharing in your joy and excitement!!! What a beautiful Christmas present :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations!!! What wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations!!! What wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So happy for you! I'm a new follower of your blog. I am also expecting a baby in July after a recent loss. You'll be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. SO excited for yall! Will keep you and little one in my prayers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Molly so excited! I haven't read many blogs lately... So catching up I'm overjoyed to read this news! Will be praying for you and
    "Shiny "

    Merry Christmas and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So, so excited!!! And it sounds like we're due around the same time!!! Yay for the second trimester!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

    (In case emojis don't show up, those are a lot of big grinny faces - so happy for you all!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And apparently they don't show up... Good thing I explained myself!

      Delete
  19. So excited for you! And you can tell Henry to enjoy playing Legos on the floor while he still can :)

    I've literally been waiting for this announcement so I could say that for days and days......I am so lame :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. so incredibly happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!! I am so full of joy for you and your growing family! I will be praying for you as you & the baby continue into this second trimester!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this so much. Continued prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful post! And congrats :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. We are praying every day for you and Shiny! So excited to share in your joy. <3

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations Molly!!! I am so excited and happy for you!! Many prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm so very happy for you!!!! I have been following you and praying for you for a good while now - though I rarely comment. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I've been offline for our own little Christmas break but this doesn't make me any less thrilled for you a little late! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hooray! Take good care, good mama.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...