Thursday, June 25, 2015

The New Girls in Town









I swore there'd be no more new flowers for the rest of the summer.

I lied.

Oh, and remember a few days ago I spoke about gardening giving me lessons in things I can control... take that first picture which should be young sunflowers, which were all decapitated by wildlife which shall remain nameless.  I don't even know if they're do anything now with so much of the tops loped off.

At least the small forest in the digging bucket adds a little whimsy in this bleak season.

What I've added are some beautiful double-yellow black eye'd susans, white Coneflowers (I wonder if they're go pink at all), a "Double Scoop Cranberry" Coneflower that's just starting to bloom and some red/pink Yarrow in the front.

I cut back a lot of the hydrangea bushes and at the moment it looks a bit of a mess, but I'm hoping next year everything should fill out nicely.

1 comment:

  1. Yarrow is so pretty.
    And if you need any help with the critters, well my husband would be happy to help. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...