Sunday, June 14, 2015

The Clare Blouse









 May I introduce you to Clare?  She's a sweet simple little top, but I do love her.

The Details:

Fabric:  A Cotton Lawn I believe
Cost:  $0, I picked this up as a scrap from a theatre I worked at before Henry was born.  There was just enough for a little shirt.
Pattern:  New Look 6344
Notes:  I love the way this shirt turned out, but it owes a lot for shrinking a bit after being was when it was done.  Just like the green dress this pattern is ridiculously large around the back for me.  I could easily take out three inches up the center back.  It was a quick sew though and I was so happy that I had just enough fabric to make my own bias binding for around the arms and neck - and the pattern was just perfect that the little flowers ran centered through the binding.
Feelings:  I'm pretty sure I love this shirt - though if I made it again I'd have to adjust the pattern from this shirt as it is now because of the change in size.

And a big thank you to Christy for giving me a few photography tips - we took advantage of a cloudy day and I'm happy to see my skin is no longer nearly as "Sparkly Vampire" white as it was in those first pictures.  Now on to that haircut and a fresh box of color!  And much love to my husband who insist that the camera doesn't do me justice.... oh for the skill of being photogenic.

Share at Keep Calm, Craft On

9 comments:

  1. Aw, so glad it helped! I've got big Girlfriend Envy of that entire outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come sew with me! I will provide the Dr. Pepper! This outfit is perfect. If I saw you out and about I would think to myself "I wish I looked that pulled together." xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! You look adorable! I love it with the grey pants too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Got love a consignment shop score of Banana Republic pants! =D

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness! That too is adorable! So flattering! And I think you look beautiful, Molly. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so cute Molly! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it's lovely - hurrah for some serendipitous shrinkage!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely! It makes me want to get on learning to sew!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...