Monday, June 15, 2015

Stitchery and Study

I'm trying not to make too many set in stone plans for the summer in terms of the kiddo or the family - but I do have a few goals for myself.

I'm going to leave most knitting until later in the summer.  I do need to go thru the stash and see what I've got and what needs to be made for the winter.  I do know already that a few of us could use some new socks and hats so that'll probably come up eventually.

As for the stitchery portion I've got the grand plans for these patterns -
That is plenty on my plate for now - particularly with plans to take my favorite of the above and duplicate with a flannel or other thicker fabric for the winter.  I plan on starting to take a bit more time on these projects as I would love to start working on my sewing skills - sewing for costumes and theatre is a bit of a different skill set that sewing "real" clothes and I'd like to work on that.

On the study end of things I have a small book list I'd love to work through this summer.

Currently on the docket are:



Next up:



A nice summer balance I think - a little lighthearted fiction, a little escapist fantasy, a few a bit more thought provoking and the .... ::sniffle:: end to my favorite comic series.  I am on pins and needles to see how Fables wraps up, but oh what a void it will leave - Ben and I have been following this story since we were married!  I haven't found a series to replace it yet - neither Unwritten or Saga have grabbed my attention and so I keep hoping that Bill Willingham has a new series up his sleeve.

7 comments:

  1. I love The Blue Castle! Possibly my favorite LM Montgomery book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I had my summer reading list under control but now I've got to add in the new Esolen book. How did I not know about its existence until now? I've also decided that I definitely need some Montgomery in my summer--I was thinking maybe the Emily books? I've never read them before, but I do love The Blue Castle :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you feel about the Paper Magician series? I read the first book and it disappointed me a little ... like it fell just shy of fulfilling its potential. (I really loved the plot and concept.) How is the second book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely not the best, but it's a cute, light read. It's definitely on my list of "wish they'd worked on it a little more", but it's worth the couple hours it takes to read it and definitely good fluffy read to have opposite a heavier book

      Delete
  4. Also since you got me hooked on webcomics I'm now all caught up on ... I may have to check out the comic series!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...