Monday, May 4, 2015

Out and Around













Not much has been going on around here, except that it's spring and spring means being out and away.  Hiking, soccer, nature classes, gardening; just being out of the house in any way we can.

I'm always surprised at how messy my house can get even when I feel like I'm barely inside.

The garden is growing right along and all the hostas have finally poked up.  Still waiting for the flower seeds I planted to start to germinate though.

The piano is finally tuned and being put to good use and practice.

Thanks to our citywide garage sale this weekend we're the happy owners of a poker table (this was not my idea), a sewing machine (my idea), a new carseat (a Britax Frontier for only $50) and a huge box of playmobil (a steal at only $8!!!).

Thanks to my inlaws garage we're also the owners of a new recliner and .... a headboard for our bed!!!  We've been headboardless for.... I think 95% of our marriage and it feels good to see it looking like a real bed (also how random that my inlaws actually just happened to have a Cali King headboard just hanging out in their garage!?)  Taking stock of our house, I think the only things we own that didn't belong to someone else beforehand are two plywood bookcases in Henry's room and my husbands desk.  I do really love how our home is filling up with things loved by our family before us (and some really good consignment deals ;) )

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful weekend and great garage sale finds! So so so many of the things in our home were previously owned by other family members too, thrifted, or picked up off the curb :) it creates an eclectic vibe in our home and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we bought a bookcase and a dresser new from Ikea... everything else in our house is thrifted or gifted from family. It's hard to say no to a good deal! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...