Saturday, April 18, 2015

Signs of Spring

A little bit of real nature in our fake flowers on the front door.

Sedum,tulips, daffodils, butterfly bush and hollyhock seed sown; waiting for the hostas to come up and the hydrangea bush to get bigger.  The rocks will hopefully make a good path for water drainage.
That's a good sign.


Weeded and mulched.  Hostas just starting to come up.

Not much going on here yet, but gates and "sentries" are set.

Morning glories planted along trellis, Sunflowers in the back.

Coreopsis, Cosmos and Shasta Daisies sown between the peonies.



Have a lot more volunteer raspberries coming up this year, don't know if I have enough mature stems for fruit though.


Moved the rocks back around the house in back in front to help with drainage, mulch and columbines around the tree.

Everyone loves tent season.

Everyone loves open window season.


So glad I took an extra day off this week.  The yard is good to go for the year, now I get to sit back and wait impatiently to see if any of the seeds I planted will come up.  Here's hoping.

5 comments:

  1. I never get many things do grow from seeds, except basil, lol. Your yard is looking nice and green and clean! I wish I could work in the yard more. It hit 93 today in central Florida, so if I do any yard work, it is before10 am or after 7 pm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's usually my luck with vegetables! Hoping I have better luck with flowers. =) 93! if it gets over 80 degrees I'm done with summer. My husband and I joke that we'd happily move a couple more miles north if it got us cooler summers.

      Delete
  2. I'm excited to see how everything turns out! I wish I loved gardening more. I just love the flowers and vegetables at the end, but I'm not usually willing to put in the work. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how I missed this post but I love everything you've done in your yard! Do the "sentries" help keep critters away? I should maybe try that.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...