Monday, July 28, 2014

Building Cathedrals
















 






 And I did not get nearly enough pictures or talk to nearly enough people or eat nearly enough food or dance enough, but I think I cried enough.

It was a lovely weekend.  Everyone there had a story, a reason why they were there.  For some it was  treat they gave themselves, for others it was a huge sacrifice, for others it was an amazing gift from loving husbands, friends or families.  We all had stories - struggles of all kinds, families of all sizes, and stories of all shapes and sizes.  I think it was just what we all needed, whether it was a 48 hour break from the craziness or a lot of soul searching.

I wish more of us could have been there; Mary, Mandi, Maggie, Christina and so many others I wish we could have shared this together and I hope one day we can.

I think we all went home with Jen Fulwiller's words echoing in our heads.  We're not here to build these Cathedrals by ourselves.  God asks a lot of us, but he fills our Cathedrals with other workers.  We are not alone on this amazing journey.


10 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing pictures! I wasn't able to go, but wanted to so bad. I'm loving the pictures and blog posts about the weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was there, too. Thanks for the shout out! I want the full details though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing these pictures. Looks like a blessed time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a pleasure to meet you, and I am so happy to hear everyone seemed to enjoy the weekend as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing this. It sounds like it was truly amazing! I hope to go next time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have loved following all the stories and pictures of the weekend; sounds and looks like it was a crazy awesome time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your photos! Great post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful to meet you! Thanks for entertaining my daughter with your shoes and hiking back from the capitol with me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the pictures! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...