Sunday, April 6, 2014

When Kendra Tags You in a Chain Letter.... You Do the Chain Letter

Kendra over at Catholic All Year tagged me in one of the infamous "Leibster Awards" and well, when a set a time traveling magic quadruplets tells you to answer random questions about yourself, you do what they say.



1. Where do you live? And why do you live there?
  • I live in Coralville, Iowa about a dozen houses down from my parents house.  We moved back here from Ashland, Oregon when we found out we were expecting our first child because the majority of our family lives in Iowa and try as I might I couldn't find a super villain willing to relocate the entire state of Iowa to the wasteland that is Northern Nevada.
Seriously, what is the point?

2. What are you currently watching and/or reading?
  • I've been trying to catch up on my superhero movies recently in preparation for all the Avengers goodness coming to the screen this year.
  • Reading "Mother of the Little Flower".  I have so much to say about finding a kindred spirit in Zelie Martin, but more on that later.
3. What kind of Catholic are you: cradle, or convert? (Or considering?)
  •  I'm a convert. I entered into the Church last Easter after being married to a cradle Catholic for almost 5 years.

 4. Can you point to one moment or experience that made you a practicing Catholic? (Or want to be?)
  • I slowly discovered that my line of thinking was more Catholic than Protestant.  A red flag really should have been when I was 14 and the only one in my confirmation class that sided with "Faith AND Works" because it was OBVIOUSLY the right answer.

5. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
  • Approximately this many... most of them dusty.

3 of these pairs of shoes are almost five years ago, 2 other pairs are over 6 year old.  And those fuzzy boots in the bottom left back?  Those are the boots my mother picked up on a research trip for her Masters Degree..... I followed these shoes nine months later.
6. Are you a good dancer?
  • I excel at the lawnmower, the shopping cart and the "what's that over there".  I also believe I helped invent the "riding lawnmower" in high school.
7. Who usually drives, you or your husband?
  • Me, for the sake of our marriage.
8. What's your favorite holiday and how do you celebrate it?
  • I do love the Christmas season, but have come to love celebrating Michaelmas over the last couple of years.  I'm still trying to figure out celebrating Easter in an authentic and meaningful way.
9. Which is correct? Left or right?




What no passive aggressive "roll left on the sink counter" option?

10. Do you have any scars?
  • My biggest is my c-section scar, which actually healed quiet nicely.  I have a few from having the chicken pox and a fire ant attack one of my years in Texas (note to everyone:  Water balloon fights in the dark in Texas piss off fire ants).
11. What's the most famous thing you've ever done? 
  • Probably my years working for the Oregon Shakespeare Festival.  If I had been successful in my bid to transfer the state of Iowa to Northern Nevada (see above) I would still love to be working for them.    
Next I'm supposed to tag people so how about Elizabeth, Cristina, Francine, and Christie.
And anyone else who wants to join in! 
There's a link up back at Kendra's for this important award!

8 comments:

  1. Seriously. WHERE is a super villain when you need one? Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've wondered that on more than one occasion in my life...

      Delete
  2. I love these kinds of posts and getting to know you (and other awesome bloggers) better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Marvel movies. I'm going to encourage you to catch up faster because I thought the new Captain America movie was AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the Nerd Love! I just picked up Thor 2 today and I think there will be a date in the works very soon! I need to see CA 2 before Guardians of the Galaxy. I can't decide if I'm more excited GotG or X-Men: Future Past though....

      Delete
  4. I think what we all need now is a video of you demonstrating some of those amazing sounding dance moves :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm sure it will be on someone's phone after Texas ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...