1. Where do you live? And why do you live there?
- I live in Coralville, Iowa about a dozen houses down from my parents house. We moved back here from Ashland, Oregon when we found out we were expecting our first child because the majority of our family lives in Iowa and try as I might I couldn't find a super villain willing to relocate the entire state of Iowa to the wasteland that is Northern Nevada.
|Seriously, what is the point?|
2. What are you currently watching and/or reading?
- I've been trying to catch up on my superhero movies recently in preparation for all the Avengers goodness coming to the screen this year.
- Reading "Mother of the Little Flower". I have so much to say about finding a kindred spirit in Zelie Martin, but more on that later.
- I'm a convert. I entered into the Church last Easter after being married to a cradle Catholic for almost 5 years.
4. Can you point to one moment or experience that made you a practicing Catholic? (Or want to be?)
- I slowly discovered that my line of thinking was more Catholic than Protestant. A red flag really should have been when I was 14 and the only one in my confirmation class that sided with "Faith AND Works" because it was OBVIOUSLY the right answer.
5. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
- Approximately this many... most of them dusty.
6. Are you a good dancer?
- I excel at the lawnmower, the shopping cart and the "what's that over there". I also believe I helped invent the "riding lawnmower" in high school.
- Me, for the sake of our marriage.
- I do love the Christmas season, but have come to love celebrating Michaelmas over the last couple of years. I'm still trying to figure out celebrating Easter in an authentic and meaningful way.
What no passive aggressive "roll left on the sink counter" option?
10. Do you have any scars?
- My biggest is my c-section scar, which actually healed quiet nicely. I have a few from having the chicken pox and a fire ant attack one of my years in Texas (note to everyone: Water balloon fights in the dark in Texas piss off fire ants).
- Probably my years working for the Oregon Shakespeare Festival. If I had been successful in my bid to transfer the state of Iowa to Northern Nevada (see above) I would still love to be working for them.
And anyone else who wants to join in!
There's a link up back at Kendra's for this important award!