Tuesday, April 22, 2014

The Motto of the Working Mother

 Today I'm guesting posting over at Carrots for Michaelmas about the big secret of staying family focused as a working mother.

"A perfect little house with just enough space to be comfortable and cozy.  A yard big enough for adventures and exploration.  A gaggle of smiling children.  The ability to put real, wholesome food on the table for every meal.  Hours spent living and growing in our lives together.  A comfortable existence where every need is provided for and wants are never indulged too much.   I see myself as the matriarch of this little dreamland; with enough hours in the days and no outside commitments except those we make as a family.  These are the little things I daydream about and  what my life does not look like.

In reality I am a working mother; or as I prefer an “employed” mother.  I am not a woman who finds part of her vocation in a career or path that requires paid work outside the home, but just another woman trying to do right by her family.  I am thankful for the job I have with its great benefits, understanding supervisors and non-standard schedule, but I’d rather be at home.  My heart resides in my home, where my true vocation is, no matter where I spend my time.  My focus is always on my family."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...