Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Saint Patrick's Day

 Saint Patrick {from here}
 Corned Beef straight from the crock pot
 Sarah's amazing Guinness Cake {here}
A Simple St. Patrick's Craft

I arise today
Through the strength of heaven;
Light of the sun,
Splendor of fire,
Speed of lightning,
Swiftness of the wind,
Depth of the sea,
Stability of the earth,
Firmness of the rock.

I arise today
Through God's strength to pilot me;
God's might to uphold me,
God's wisdom to guide me,
God's eye to look before me,
God's ear to hear me,
God's word to speak for me,
God's hand to guard me,
God's way to lie before me,
God's shield to protect me,
God's hosts to save me
From snares of the devil,
From temptations of vices,
From every one who desires me ill,
Afar and near,
Alone or in a multitude.
- Part of the Lorica of St. Patrick

9 comments:

  1. You had the cutest St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm everything looks delicious and adorable! I completely ignored crafts this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think ours looks more impressive than it was - I cut out the shapes, stuck them on some contact paper, cut up tissue paper. The whole thing lasted start to finish maybe 20 minutes (and most of it was prep). ;)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Bonnie! I love it when Feast Days fall on my days off so I can actually do something.

      Delete
  4. Guinness cake?! What was I doing *not* baking that?? My hubs will feel deprived if I tell him. So I won't, but I am going to save the recipe. ;) -Gina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great - I usually make it only twice during the year so it's a real treat!

      Delete
  5. Oh, so that's where that St. Patrick doll went! c;

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...