Sunday, February 16, 2014

Weekends with Chesterton


Sometimes it is the time we spend in the valleys of our lives that show us the most of our lives.  Sometimes it is the time in the valley that shows us the true extend of the love of others.
Sometimes it is the time in the valley that shows us vastness of our faith.

My time this year in my own valley has shown me so much.  It has shown me the depth of the love of my friends and family.  It has shown me the heights that my faith can take me; the heights I've barely begun to scale.

Linking up with:
http://www.amongstlovelythings.com/2014/02/some-chestertonian-motivation.html#.UwDsMrSjUbI



6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you linked up- this is my first visit to your blog and it is so lovely! It's nice to "meet" you. :)

    Pinning your quote to the Chesterton Pinterest board- I've never heard that one and it really sucker punched me. So true. It reminds me of a quote I have in my commonplace book that says God will never let us face a trial that he doesn't intend to shower us with grace to get through- and the grace is the gift. I can't remember off the top of my head where I pulled that quote from (and if I go down to grab my commonplace I'm sure to be tackled by a toddler and not get back here to finish this comment!)

    But I hate the valley, nonetheless. --sigh--

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Sarah! That's a great lesson. It's definitely one I've been challenged with accepting this year!

      Delete
  2. Isn't this so true? Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this quot - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...