Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Hardest Part

The hardest part is not

* the waiting
* the pain
* the blood draws
* the cramping

The hardest part is not

* the tears
* the anger
* the bitterness
* the grief

The hardest part is not

* the awkward conversations
* the questions
* the results
* the important days no one else remembers or knows about

The hardest part is

* knowing this could be it
* knowing you are not made for the life you want or the life you want to give

* and not knowing why



9 comments:

  1. Life is very rarely what we wanted, or expected. But Life is always what we need, in one way or another. We don't see it at the time, but we see it later after we've gone through the storm. Stay strong friend, the pain comes with a reason. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe God just has his own special plans for you. Good luck getting him to let you in on his plan though. He is sneaky like that. Just the same, I will say many prayers for you my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I keep check my mail box to see if he's dropped me a line. No luck yet.

      Delete
  3. You have been heavy on my heart lately. Sending you continued prayers and love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very profound. I think this qualifies as a modern day Psalm. Thank you for sharing and being transparent in the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah, sometimes it would be nice to know what the grand plan is in advance, so I could prepare for it... it's the not knowing that is tricky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've said it many times this year - if I only knew then I could move forward. The not knowing just keeps me in one place.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...