Wednesday, January 8, 2014

My Five Favorite - Tolkien Style

I often turn to my favorite authors to give me a little pick me up when I'm feeling down, and well I've been feeling down a lot recently.  I've been comforted from an odd source in the words of Mr. J.R.R. Tolkien over the last few weeks.  He has a lot to say, subtly, on faith and perserverance.  So today I'm sharing my Five Favorite quotes (okay Six Favorite) of J.R.R. Tolkien that have spoken to me through my struggles.
(if you want to pin an image just hover your mouse cursor over the picture and a Pin It button will appear in the top left corner - this works for any picture on the blog.)



 



My favorite right now is, hands down, this:


I'm trying to remind myself that it is not the ability of the body, but the ability of the spirit which is important.
 It's a hard lesson to learn.


Check out more (and probably happier) Favorites @ Moxie Wife

3 comments:

  1. I love that quote by Gandalf. I read LOTR years ago, but that one has always stuck with me. And I think it's in the movie too, which helps :) I've never read much about Tolkein, but maybe I should.

    I like the last quote too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tolkien's words always bring me such comfort. The ones I always reach for in such times and the ones that have sustained me in the past are these: "The darkness was but a small and passing thing; there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach."

    Said a prayer for you just now. c: And remember, our grief is never fruitless when united to Christ. I have to remind myself of that often!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...