Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A Year of Books

The little guy will be turning 3 in  a few months, and while this is too early for us to want to start any formal schooling I do want to keep encouraging learning at home through certain activities and lots of reading.  So I've challenged myself to give each month a theme for books we'll collect from the library.

What I hope to do is share with you a collection of the books we find for each theme on the 1st and 15th of every month.




So to start things off right here are the first books of the season - "Winter".

4 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I can't wait to see what books you have for each of the lists :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool idea! I don't know if I could be that organized. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Great idea to have a theme for each month. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've just returned Over and Under the Snow to the library. I picked it for the theme and illustrations, and it's a cozy, educational, and slightly magical read, too. I like to pick books according to the seasons, too. Which reminds me, I've got a whole bunch of Jan Brett picture books on the "back shelf" at the library to rent for this month!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...