Thursday, October 17, 2013

The Reveal

Some of you know, and most of you don't, that I've had a secret little projects in the works for the past few months.  It was an idea that has developed slowly ever since last years "Little Holy Days" Link Up.  As much fun as the link up was there was a need, in our community, for something a little bit more.

After hearing a group of friends on my Catholic Women's Facebook group lamenting the fact that there were no magazines dedicated to inspiring Liturgical Year living within the family I knew it was time to put my idea into action.

So I'm pleased to officially announce-


The title for the project was inspired by the Thomas Moore (the poet, not the saint) quote  
"The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest."

Though Ordinary Acts will be a small project at first I'm hoping over time that it will grow into something really amazing.  Currently I am compiling articles and ideas for four categories - Faith, Celebration, Life and Prayer to be officially released November 26th, just in time for the New Liturgical Year and the Advent/Christmas Season.  Volume One will take us through until the beginning of February.

We plan on releasing 4 more Volumes over the course of the 2013/2014 Liturgical Year to coincide with the major divisions of the  Liturgical Calendar (to be announced at a later date).  The goal is to release them with enough time that you have at least a week or two to plan and implement any ideas you might find into your own life.  

But Wait!  This sounds great, but I'm not Catholic!  And that's okay, this a resource for anyone interested in living out the Christian Liturgical Year - Catholic, Orthodox, Protestant, it doesn't matter.  We already have at least one Orthodox Catholic, a couple Protestants and even my favorite Mennonite sharing for the first Volume.  While some traditions or celebrations might not work for your denomination I'm hoping to offer a range of ideas and information that all will find something to help inspire their celebrations.

For now I have released a few teaser articles for the Fall portion of the Liturgical Year to give you a taste of things to come.

Please peruse at your leisure -


The website is a work in progress, so please feel free to let me know any problems or tweaks that could help us along.

There are buttons for following the website already up to make sure you don't miss out on the grand reveal in November.  I'm excited to share this project with you and see where it takes us.

Enjoy! 

1 comment:

  1. Looks great Molly! I'm excited to see what other ladies post and share on:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...