Friday, September 20, 2013

An Unexpected Hobbit Day Party

September 22 is the birthday of Bilbo and Frodo Baggins, but do you really need a reason to celebrate all things Hobbit?  The correct answer is not at all.

Here's a few ideas to help you celebrate your Hobbitiness in true Hobbit Style.

The most important part of a good Hobbit Day celebration is Food and Drink.  Celebrate the right way with a few (or all of the following):

But be careful not to Chip the Glasses or Crack the Plates!
Make sure not to forget that true Hobbits expect multiple meals a day.  Most importantly don't forget to indulge in a nice Second Breakfast.  (for more information on Hobbit meals go HERE )

In between meals, when not smoking a good pipe or sleeping, enjoy a little outside activity or sit down and challenge you friends to a good game of Riddles or you could retrace your Family Tree which is always good fun if you forget that you third cousin twice removed married one of those Tooks.  Some of us might have to brush up on our Hobbit  Names - henceforth I am Lila Sandybanks, also known as Linwe Nenharma in Elvish.

Perhaps you'd like to read  a few good stories - might I suggest starting here:


Or perhaps you'd like to relax and listen to stories being told:


If any Dwarves decide to crash your party Here's a little cheat sheet to help you keep them straight.

Don't be afraid to let your hair down a little and have a good time.


I highly recommend ending the night with a rousing display of fireworks - set off by a responsible adult (and remember Hobbits don't come of age until 33)



Have a great weekend friends!
As for me....



(the above will be me getting off work on Sunday ::wink,wink::)

7 comments:

  1. What a FUN post, Molly! I may have to incorporate a few things here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! I can't wait til my kids can do this and get it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! LOVE IT!! That sounds like a delightful meal!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I will celebrate the day by making Halloween costumes for my little dwarves. But I will eat as much as possible while doing so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My own little Samwise has a birthday the 24th. We may need to start our celebrating a couple of days early. :-) Great post, Molly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray! Hobbit day! Wonderful ideas here! I have to share our party. It went by so fast that I need to keep reliving... especially after all the hard work. Hope someone can use an idea or two: http://mamaslittleditty.blogspot.com/2014/08/lord-of-rings-party-lots-of-pics.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I loved your Eye of Sauron pinata! I'm hoping we'll get to do a Hobbit Birthday party in the future. The coming year is already "How to Train Your Dragon", so maybe the year after?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...