Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Homestretch

I think I'm in the homestretch with all of this.  After a long and hard weekend I am ready to put this behind me.  It's not over, but after three days of contraction level "cramps" I think the worst is over.  It might be strange, but I'm proud that I was able to give this pregnancy a natural completion.  In many ways it mirrored a real labor, just on a smaller scale and I'm proud of that.

I'm doing okay.  Some things are a little hard, but in general I don't feel like I had enough invested in this pregnancy to really merit too much more emotion.  It sounds strange, but remember I had a feel something was "off" for almost the whole month of May.  There was no heartbeat ever heard, face seen, in fact there was no body at all.  There was very little to be attached to.

I have some amazing friends - real life and on-line - and they've really been amazing. 

I'm ready to move forward.  Though some of that might take a while.  This pregnancy was the result of a "leap of faith" in our family planning.  It was almost as much of shock to see that first positive test than it was to find out it was over and my mind is still working through that.  Is this what I get for being trusting?  It's really throwing me for a loop.

But at the end of the day I'm still here and I'm still me.  I'm still happy to see new baby pictures or hear exciting news.  The best thing about life sometimes is that it goes on.  The world keeps turning.

I'm thinking from here on in things will be a little bit more normal around here.

Thank you everyone for your love, prayers and support.

6 comments:

  1. *hugs* I am glad you are doing better. And I am glad too that you got to go through it naturally so you have a form of closure, as hard as it has been. Don't be bitter about being trusting though. The hardships make us stronger. You've had a great attitude through it all, despite the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so hard trying to see Gods plans when things a so hard and you're suffering so much. I think sometimes when all you can do is trust in God and keep going is when we discover how much faith we have and how far God goes with us. I pray you'll be comforted. I think you're doing do well in such a difficult situation. Much love to you Molly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Molly. I am sending so much love and prayers your way. Christy said it so well and I don't think I could add to it. I am hear for you if you need anyone to talk to.

    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Molly, I've been keeping you in my prayers as well. I've been sitting here trying to think of something really comforting to say but I can't seem to put anything into words. Just know that I've been praying for you and I will keep praying for you and I hope you can feel all of the prayers wrapping you up like a big comfy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :)

    How are your zucchinis doing?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...