Saturday, April 13, 2013

In Which the Garden is Built and Cornbread is Made

{Learning to Make Homemade Cornbread}

{Almost There}

{Ready to Tumble}

{So Excited}

We spent today hard at work building beds, assembling a tumbling compost bin and doing a lot of general yard work.  It was amazing - my in-laws and father all pitched and now we don't have to a scrap of yard work until it's warm enough to plant in a week or two!


  1. Your compost bin looks amazing! And your gardens are beautiful. So jealous!!

  2. Today was my first day out in the garden, too! Your cornbread looks pretty delicious - there's nothing better than a good meal after working in the yard.

  3. Is that a common area behind your house or is it a huge backyard? Gardening is the most satisfying physical activity!

    1. Neither - just a clever shot that makes our neighbors backyard (that's just grass, nothing else) look bigger than it is. I wish I could expand into their yard - I could probably grow enough for multiple families if I could fill their yard with square foot beds!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...