Friday, December 21, 2012

The Stockpile

My first year living in Oregon, in 2009 I was doing my weekly visit to the laundromat when I happened to start overhearing the conversation of two older ladies next to me.  It was a normal conversation for the most part - they were catching up and and in true Ashland-Hippie Style talking about all their latest forays into selfsufficiency and various Hippie type things.

I drifted in and out of hearing the conversation, but nearly dropped my book when on hippie lady said to the other this gem I'll never forget.

"Well I think we're pretty well prepared for 2012 - we got the garden by the house (up the mountain), some gas stored for the jeep and a satellite so we don't loose our internet connection... and of course we've still got a lot of that food leftover from Y2K...."


Folks I'm as glad as the next person that the world didn't end today.



But please, for all thing good and holy...


NOW IS THE DAY TO THROW AWAY YOUR Y2K STOCKPILE!

3 comments:

  1. That's quite a stockpile to last 12 years. I'm impressed. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats really hilarious. And I don't know if the best part is that that convo took place in 2009, or the fact that they wouldn't be able to purchase food yet still use the internet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HYSTERICAL! Thanks for the laugh!

    Lea

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...