Thursday, October 11, 2012

Our Useless Degrees...

My husband and I have what is commonly referred to as a "Useless Degree".  Tonight our useless degrees, when used in tandem, located a repair a melted wire that had disabled our dishwasher.  I was in charge of the lightening fast online research and my husband was in charge of tearing apart said machine and eventually doing the basic electric work that saved us the $100 (minimum) it would have cost to get a repair man in... next Wednesday all using abilities learned while acquiring said "Useless Degrees".

If we ever become pro-Wrestlers we'll be called "The Muscle and the Librarian" -  
Tremble before our applicable life skills! 

8 comments:

  1. Glad you could put your useless degrees to good use and you were able to repair the dishwasher. I, too, am a librarian not using said degree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Good job! Things are only useless until you use them! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Molly! We joke about our useless degrees too.... Theatre & General Studies :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you two!

    My degree is in religion, so I guess that makes me very good at praying for help with practical situations. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this. My husband and I too have useless degrees, and to make it worse we got them in the same discipline. However, I regularly think "Wow, I learned how to do this in such and such class." It's amazing what kinds of random things have practical applications.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In case of apocalypse proceed to your nearest Theatre Major (our useless degrees). =D Seriously, we have the basic knowledge in so many things that would set us up for the end of the world.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...