Wednesday, August 8, 2012

FAIL

In the desire to keep thing real, I thought I needed to share that I just checked my oven dried tomatoes.  The cherry tomatoes had already molded. Seems I left a little too much moisture in the middle

Boo-urns.

The Roma's seem okay, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I still maintain that oven drying works, so I won't be taking down my instructions, however I think I'll be added an hour or two the next time I do this method.

Good news though is I'm being "gifted" my MIL's dehydrator next week and I'm super excited.  Not that I don't stand behind oven-drying, but it'll be nice not to have to use up the oven for hours.  On top of dehydrating fruit and more tomatoes the hubs has requested that I learn to make jerky... okay... twist my arm.

Oh well, on ward and up ward!

4 comments:

  1. Oh no! Well, I went the opposite direction with some apricots and dried them so much they are brittle and painful to eat. =\ Live and learn! How awesome you are getting a dehydrator. I have been thinking about getting one, but don't want to have one more thing to store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Meg I did that with my first batch of apple slices a few days ago so you're not alone. Currently I have two pans of apple slices sitting in my lawn hoping that the rain we're supposed to get will help me pry them off the sheets! live and learn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no! so frustrating when you've put in all that time! hope the romas surprise you and turn out well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It works really well, but we leave a little more moisture in ours, pack them in oil, and put them in the freezer. So yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...