In the desire to keep thing real, I thought I needed to share that I just checked my oven dried tomatoes. The cherry tomatoes had already molded. Seems I left a little too much moisture in the middle
The Roma's seem okay, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
I still maintain that oven drying works, so I won't be taking down my instructions, however I think I'll be added an hour or two the next time I do this method.
Good news though is I'm being "gifted" my MIL's dehydrator next week and I'm super excited. Not that I don't stand behind oven-drying, but it'll be nice not to have to use up the oven for hours. On top of dehydrating fruit and more tomatoes the hubs has requested that I learn to make jerky... okay... twist my arm.
Oh well, on ward and up ward!