Monday, July 2, 2012

It's Hot, Hot, Hot

The heat has taken a toll on my house and the blog.  All I want to do is sitting in the cool areas of the house and wait for it to pass (and pray that our air conditioning bill won't send me into an apoplectic shock).  It also doesn't help that the good camera (aka my mother's camera) is on vacation with her and mine little, only a step above a point and shoot, just isn't cutting it.

As soon as the heat leaves, hopefully this weekend, we'll be back to tackling our fantastically exciting to do list.  I've got antiques to re-finish, an outdoor chalk board to be made and put up and raspberry bushes to get into the ground.  Not to mention a new (to me, handmedown from my grandmother) bread machine to put to use, canning to plans and recipes to discover (since I've found out that I really don't know what to do with things like chard and kohlrabi, but oh it tastes good to explore.)  There's also a Rain Barrel/Compost Bin sale at our local landfill/recycling center in a few weeks... Who has two thumbs and is going to be there with bells on (hopefully!)?  THIS GIRL.

Since I don't have pictures to share I thought I'd share a few links that I've enjoying recently:

Suscipio - a Catholic women's website and blog.  In their word's "Our souls are tender, our hearts thoughtful and some days we just need a place to go and know we are accepted “as is”…Suscipio, Latin for: to raise up, maintain, support, accept, receive."

Frugally Sustainable - Has been a wealth of seasonal tips and remedies.  I'm not brave enough to start a "natural" pharmacy in my own home yet, but this is great source of information.


Carrots for Michealmas - Hayley is quickly becoming one of my first reads in the morning.  Secretly I want to her to be my next door neighbor so our cloth diapered babies can run freely from one yard to another weaving around garden beds and chasing down the occasional stray chicken.

Homesprout - Speaking of blogger stalking, I'd also invite Allsion from Homesprout to live on the other side of us.  Her garden updates and beautiful and dang, that girl that knit!  I'm going to be putting her ingenius idea for Kale Powder to work in the next few days!

I'm off to pack on the swimsuits for a post-nap trip to the swimming pool. Have I mentioned my son still hates the pool, thank goodness for splash pads.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link love, Molly! I love reading your blog, too!
    And I'm totally down to be next door neighbors :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...