- I'm grateful for modern medicine which stopped the hives from making me look a leper, and stopped them from spreading more on my face (hence the EpiPen).
- I'm grateful I was in the room when the coil ignited and hadn't put the pizza in the over yet or we might have had a legitimate fire on our hands.
- I'm grateful that my father brought us a new fire extinguisher when we bought the house and that my husband knew just where it was.
- I'm grateful we live just down the street from family so we had some place safe to keep Henry while we cleaned up the extinguisher residue.
- I'm grateful that I don't have to choose between eating and having a stove to cook on this month.
- I'm grateful for the heat that has broken.
- I'm grateful to see that I won a little something from Carrots for Michaelmas this morning. It will be a great addition to the "Mass Book Collection" we've found at the thrift store over the last few weeks.
It's a new day, and for all it's ups and downs I'm grateful for it.
“When it comes to life the critical thing is whether you take things for granted or take them with gratitude.”