Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Stitches and Rice

I've been happily plugging away at my "Paulie Sweater" and finally separated the arms, so now I feel like I can show something that look vaguely like a sweater {yay!).


I've been faithfully carting this around with me, knitting a few every chance I get and slowly but surely we're making progress.  It's my first adult sized sweater and it's still new enough to be a little bit of learning experience and fun at the same time. 

Speaking of which, I learned that 3-year old stale rice and couscous can be great fun (everyone has 3 year old stale rice and couscous in their pantries right?).  A plastic container full of the stuff and a collection of bathtoys and digging tools spells fun at the Make Do house this week.

 



A Little Bear tells me it is an experience most enjoyed sans-pants.  {In the best interest of remaining cordial with the neighbors I refrained from indulging in that part of the experience, but darn if that stuff isn't fun to play with).

For the folks stopping over from Ginny's Yarn Along check out "Inspired: A Simple Living Booklist for Kids" to get a taste of what's on our nightstands right now!  I'm also working on "Nourishing Traditions" and "Slow Food Nation".

I've also linked up to this weeks "Keep Calm and Craft On" and will be link in the next "Stash Bash" over "CrunchyCatholicMomma".


16 comments:

  1. We have found that most activities are better sans pants! Playing in mud, water, being a super hero with a cape but no pants (apparently this is terribly awesome).

    I LOVE Nourishing Traditions. It is a wonderful book and has changed my dietary thinking forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband is a firm supporter of the anti-pants ideaology and it looks like his son is following in his footsteps!

      Delete
  2. Looks like fun! My babies run around sans pants a lot in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yes, everyone has stale rice and or couscous. If they think they haven't, they I suspect they aren't looking hard enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love reaching the part where you seperate the arms when knitting cardigans! things really seem to move on from there, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great sweater, and I love the rice and couscous. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course we have it. You know... in the part of the kitchen where I forgot that I stashed the stuff when I bought it because I didn't want the kids to mess with it... ;)
    And yes, it does look like fun!
    And the sweater looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this couscous and rice was probably purchased between 2009 and 2010 and may or may not have traveled cross country with us only to sit in storage for about a year.... but at least I'm not alone!

      Delete
  7. I look forward to seeing you sweater finished! And rice play - oh so much fun! Thanks for joing us againat KCCO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting Nicole! I think the sweater should finish up just in time for the cold season - which I've decided will dubbed "Quilt-tober" in the hopes I can make my first quilt in time for Christmas!

      Delete
  8. Clicked over to your blog from Frugally Sustainable and I LOVE it! I've already perused several posts and can't wait to read more! -- your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! I'll be hopping over to see you soon too!

      Delete
  9. I've always admired your knitting ability. Learning how to knit more than a scarf is on my "to-do" list. My mom always teases me about Kasper not wearing any pants in most of the photos I've shared. Little ones sans pants is a regular thing in our household.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww shucks Jamie you're too much, but just remember you're the one who's inspired me to really dig into my cooking! Kasper and Henry need to get together for a pantsless playdate!

      Delete
  10. Love the rice idea! My sweet little girls will, too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't knit, I am quite useless despite attempting to be good at it. So I was very impressed to see how far you have got with your sweater. Well done! Thanks so much for linking this up to Seasonal Celebration Sunday! Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...