Thursday, May 17, 2012

Four Married Lessons

Today we've been married for four years, we been a couple for six and known each other for eight.  I'm definitely not the girl who was so scared on her wedding day - I've made some mistakes and done a lot of growing up and I still have a long way to go.  There are definitely life lessons I've picked up so far; a little list of reminders for myself and advice for those around me.

1. It's never too late to grow up and act your age; but the sooner the better.


2. But don't lose your sense of humor it's all you'll have to get you through some days.


3. Marry someone who you'll still think of as your best friend when the flame burns low.


4.  A good marriage is not found in the dollar section; it's not meant to be used up, thrown away and easily replaced.  It is something that is worth the investment of your time, sweat and tears and sometimes, like anything worth salvaging, you have to be willing to take it all apart, strip it down to the bones, clean it out and put it back together again.


"Life's a happy song, when there's someone by your side to sing along."

I'm glad to have someone who isn't ashamed to break into spontaneous musical numbers in the kitchen by my side.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary, Molly! We're about to celebrate our 6th on the 28th :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! These are great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...