Monday, April 23, 2012

The Home Front

{Hardening off tomatoes, lettuces and few other things}




{Radishes, Carrots and Green Onions}


{Potatoes Popping Out}

{Future Pears}

{First of the Seasons Strawberries}

{Onions and Spinach}
*Rather proud of the straw.  My mother trimmed away last years decorative tall grass from a plot in her yard and I realized it was perfect for free straw, so far so good.*

and last, but not least a new use for a chest freezer.



I opened my "air tight" yarn box a few days ago to find a few alive wool moths, so everything is going in the deep freeze for a few days to hopefully kill anything leftover.  Luckily (I guess) a lot of my yarn right now isn't 100% natural fibers (I prefer to give baby knitting that is easily washed and cared for) so I didn't find too much damage.

6 comments:

  1. I want to get out and garden just looking at that! It looks fantastic! And I love the old-fashioned clothespins as markers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should be - you're in an earlier frost zone than me (I think?)nows the time! =D P.S. there's a package heading your way (finally, it took me a while to remember where I put one of the books... I blame it on the moving)

      Delete
  2. You're so lucky to live in a climate where you can garden...the one thing I miss living in the desert. Gorgeous.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lived in Boise for a few summers and the lack of really green surroundings drove me crazy =D

      Delete
  3. Love the clothespins! Too bad about your yarn stash. I also like to use easy care fibers for baby gifts. :) Visiting from Ginny's,

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! I'm actually going to be freeing some of the yarn from it's icy prison in a little bit, hopefully I've killed off any eggs =(

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...