Thursday, March 15, 2012

Reads and Seeds

The warm weather this week finally got under my skin and I've been out collecting like crazy.

 A selection of this years seeds - 3 types of tomatoes, peppers, cilantro, basil, sweet corn, kaleidoscope carrots, green onions, "fairytale" pumpkins (not shown are the radishes, lettuce, beans and a few others from Seed Savers Exchange that I forgot to pick up from Mom's to "study")

This year I have the opportunity to oversee two garden spaces - one at my house and one at my parents.  I'm taking advantage of the fact that we still have more than a month before our guaranteed "frost free" date to do a little more planning.

 

I've also been bit by the book bug (say that three times fast) with the new discovery that Henry has finally developed a moderate interest in "storytime".  At least he likes being read to and will occasionally crawl into my lap and looking a picture or try to turn a page while he plays in his room.  While I love to support my local library, I also love to have a library of my own and have been taking advantage of the resell shops in town to pick up some classics for $.50 - $1.00 per book.

One of the best parts being that I get to rediscover all the books I read as a child, or had read to me.  It's really magic.

Our latest editions seen in these pictures.  Each title is linked if you'd like to discover more about the book!

4 comments:

  1. You are so not helping my "I want to plant in absolutely every square inch of my yard but it's way too early" problem. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me I'm right there with you... we're going to try to start some seeds for transplant this weekend but we still have about 3 weeks before anything we plan on planting can go in the ground at the absolute earliest! This "summer in march" weather is maddening just for that reason!

      Delete
  2. Great list of books! Another good one if you ever see it is "How a Seed Grows". Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be on the look out for that one!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...