Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Diaper Deal



Recently I made the plunge and purchased my first cloth diapers for my son.  I say "I" because my husband still looks at them sideways and hasn't tried using them yet - it may be an uphill battle, but for now I'm happy to using them when I've got my son to myself, which is the majority of the week.

But to me these diapers don't just signify a chance to save money (possibly), or to lessen my impact on the earth (definitely), to me it's a deal with God.  I've written about my struggles through my first pregnancy (HERE) and about the whirlwind ride that was our delivery (HERE) and about our delivery room diagnosis of Endometriosis.  For those new to this I'll give you the low down - I have Endometriosis.  I had a large enough deposit of endometrial cells growing outside of my uterus that it was visible to the naked eye.  One spot in particular was on one of my ovaries.  Women with Endo have a 40% change of conceiving and because of where the one growth was found I'm thinking I might be down to one working engine, cutting my chances even more.

Even though my pregnancy was rough, as was the delivery, I want to be a mother again.  I want it like nothing else I've ever wanted in this world.  I'm never going to win a "Best Mother in the World" award, but I do feel most days I'm doing pretty darn good and that I'm finally doing what I was put on this earth to do.  But, I digress, now back to the topic at hand.

Cloth diapers can be a money saver if used only one child, but they're definitely a money saver if used for more than one child.  So by purchasing my first CD's I felt like I was making a statement.  I could be accepting my lot in life, I know full well that I may have my only child, but I choose not to accept this.  I don't feel like this is the end of my motherhood journey.  By buying these diapers I'm taking the first steps to fighting my condition and that I'm already laying the foundation to grow my family.  It might not be for another year or two or maybe more, but I don't think this is the end and my cloth diapers prove it.

*****************
I'll check back in later with our more info about our cloth diaper adventures.  For now go HERE for some great, concise information about the benefits of cloth diapering and HERE to join the Change 3 Things Challenge!

1 comment:

  1. My prayers are with you for another opportunity to use those cloth diapers- check out my diaper cream recipes on Natural Mothers Network, they really work and are another money saving tip!
    Thank you so much for sharing this with us on Natural Mothers Network!
    I am really looking forward to hosting the Seasonal Celebration Linky Party #7 going live tomorrow and hope you'll pop over sometime-you're always welcome!
    http://naturalmothersnetwork.com/category/seasonal-celebration-sunday/ Have a great weekend!
    Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...