Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Crafting with Cannibals

Progress is being made.


 Just a little bit of sky left to go!


 I'm not going to lie, the house portion seemed to take forever!


 Warning to all crafters with small children - they say keep you friends close and your enemies closer;  I vote to amend this statement with the following "Keep your one year olds close and your patterns above mouth height."  
(Someone finally has 6 teeth and has been putting them to the test!)

 and last, but not least ....
Houston, we have ART!
Henry's first art project from daycare.
It might just be the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.
Yes, I'm that kind of parent.
This is getting framed and hung by my side of the bed and I'm not afraid to admit it.

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful treasure to frame. I wish I had kept more of the kids art at the beginning. I kept telling myself there would be so much more coming home, which there has, but I kind of miss the early stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling I'll have boxes upon boxes of art and projects by the time my children are little =( I already have enough of a hard time getting rid of outgrown clothing!

      Delete
  2. I'm totally in awe of your cross stitch. I've never had the patience for that particular craft & it looks just beautiful! I'm also loving your new rainbow, yep, I'd hang it by my bed too. :) It's just that kind of happy! {Found you via CCMs linky for the Stash Bash!}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks, but there's a reason I don't show the back - it's a terrible mess =( and you're right the rainbow is "just that kind of happy" (though I've decided he actually managed to paint a lion being pursued by a blue koala bear riding puff the magic dragon!) ;)

      Delete
    2. LOL! You are so right! That's what it looks like! Mmhm, a lion being pursued by a blue koala bear riding puff the magic dragon! That's some impressionistic talent! Yay!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...