Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sundays Ups and Downs

  • Up - Setting up our separate checking accounts so that both the hubs and I have an easily accessible "allowance" that is personal.  So far so good.  I think I will be using the savings account attached to mine to start saving for a proper camera.
  • Up - Good communication.  Now let me admit that in the first couple years of our marriage this was a rough spot - due to a great childhood Ben didn't know how to communicate when problems arose and due to my desire for everyone to read my mind, there by knowing exactly what to do, there were some tough spots.  We've gotten a lot better and cleared up a lot of the "who does what" stuff concerning our new home.  I don't feel like I'm doing everything anymore - which is another bad tendency of mine.
  • Down - We still haven't won the lottery that would allow us to pay off our student loans and the mortgage and have a bazillion more children and travel the world.... working on that.
  • Up - Creative cooking due to lots of leftovers from last week and lots of little odds and ends leftovers (you know that extra can of sauce or bag of beans that is always leftover at the end of the week).  I'm hoping to only pick up the absolute basics during tomorrows grocery trip and still get through the week with some good, filling meals.  Tonight I'm free-styling it and making what will hopefully turn out to be a large pastie filled with beef, onions, carrots and potatoes.  If it works, I'll make it again and post the recipe.
  • Up/Down - I've really been feeling the itch to work more on my "crunchy mom" tendency.  I want better food in my kitchen, natural remedies in my medicine cabinet and natural cleaners in the mud room.  Time to up the game I think.
  • Down - I'm so ready for spring it's not funny.  I want to be outside showing Henry the world.
  • Down - I'm feeling a little stretched this week - so much I want to do and so many things I'd rather be doing.  Good thing Lent is just around the corner.  Time to refocus.  More about that tomorrow.
  • Up - All in all a good, though be it long, week.
How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...