There are a ton of things I'm thankful for this year, but I'm going to save those for a little later because, well, I'm not in the mood and I don't want it to ruin my thanks. Today was oddly frustrating.
I can't wrap my head around certain aspects of "human nature" -
- I don't understand the appeal of "Black Friday"... at all.
- I don't understand the view of ones children as a commodity and that you can hire someone to raise because the idea of more than a few hours with them makes you queasy - not to mention the mess they make and the time they detract from the "true purpose" of marriage, which is apparently lots of consequence-free sex with no old ladies looking down their nose at you.
- I don't understand the draw of certain pop culture norms - sparkly vampires in abusive relationships and celebrities who degrade the institution of marriage.
- I don't understand people who scoff, literally, when presented with the idea that happiness isn't related to more "stuff"
- I don't understand why it's cool to be trashy, not classy.
There are just some days when I don't understand 99% of the human population.
And there are just some days when I lack the desire and the energy to pretend that the list above makes sense to me.
And this my friends is exactly why I never get invited to sit at the cool table.