Saturday, November 26, 2011

The Cool Table

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday or even just a wonderful regular ol' weekend for my non-USA folks.  I did, though I've work the 6 am - 2:30 Thursday, Friday and today and tomorrow.  The hubby took the baby to his folks for Thanksgiving and while I spent the rest of the day with my family I really missed my boys and by 6 p.m. I was demanding they get on the road pronto.

There are a ton of things I'm thankful for this year, but I'm going to save those for a little later because, well, I'm not in the mood and I don't want it to ruin my thanks.  Today was oddly frustrating.

I can't wrap my head around certain aspects of "human nature" -

  • I don't understand the appeal of "Black Friday"... at all.

  • I don't understand the view of ones children as a commodity and that you can hire someone to raise because the idea of more than a few hours with them makes you queasy - not to mention the mess they make and the time they detract from the "true purpose" of marriage, which is apparently lots of consequence-free sex with no old ladies looking down their nose at you.

  • I don't understand the draw of certain pop culture norms - sparkly vampires in abusive relationships and celebrities who degrade the institution of marriage.

  • I don't understand people who scoff, literally, when presented with the idea that happiness isn't related to more "stuff"

  • I don't understand why it's cool to be trashy, not classy.


There are just some days when I don't understand 99% of the human population.

And there are just some days when I lack the desire and the energy to pretend that the list above makes sense to me.

And this my friends is exactly why I never get invited to sit at the cool table.

2 comments:

  1. The UNcool table has better lighting anyway...'Welcome.'

    ...No 'fodder' served at the Uncool table either. This article is good food for thought.

    Have a great week.
    I'm looking forward to your Thanksgiving post. (?)
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more... And you can sit at my table! :) Nobody wants to sit with the "cool" kids anyways... They end up being "The Real Housewives" of yadda, yadda ...lol! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...