Sunday, October 2, 2011

Thankful

Today I'm thankful for so many things - the weather, the food in our kitchen, my little boy who just learned how to really cuddle and show affection.

I'm thankful that things are so much better than last year - I can almost see the reason for all of the blues I went through last year, anything by comparison is amazing.  This is my favorite time of year, and I'm going to enjoy it double for missing out on it last year!

I'm thankful that I can put on my big girl pants and realize that I can make a bunch of people happy quite often or one person happy never and know when it's time to just move on.  Really, folks there should be an age limit on when you can blow up at folks, take things out of proportion and still get away with it.

I am particularly thankful for the news on Friday that I did receive my day time shift.  I will be taking it over around the 1st of the year so we have plenty of time to arrange daycare options and adjust.  We're still waiting to hear on my husbands shift request, and should know within the week or two - now I'm praying that he gets one of the later morning shifts (9 or 10 a.m.) so we can limit the time we need to use daycare.

I'm thankful that with this news we can really start considering our next step forward.

Thank you all for the kind words, prayers, and good universe vibes!

5 comments:

  1. Happy to hear that you received the shift you wanted! :) Hope hubby gets the same news!! I think an age limit to temper tantrums is great... Let's cap it at 4yrs old shall we? Sounds about right don't you think? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I hope you guys get just what you need too! And as for the age limit - yes, please - there sadly seems to be a reverse bell curve in that area - allowed when you're young and when you're older (one because you're too young to know better and the other because you should).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Carla!!! Perhaps we should require etiquette reading in schools these days! So glad all is working out for my Molly! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! And, yes, this is a fantastic time of year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...