Just a quick recap of the week.
1. The garden/moat is underway. There are 4 pumpkins plants and a row of green onions so far. I still want to get the corn, jack-0-lanterns and maybe some carrots and radishes in before I call it quits. The moat idea has actually kept the plot from flooding completely and I'm rather proud.
2. I ventured out to my local Farmer's Market this week, it was great. I love being in the middle of local commerce like that with it's range of people from the older lady with her small selection of honey, to the hippie kids with their CSA across from the Mennonite baker with the great smile.
3.The container plants are doing well. Any advice on harvesting cilantro?
4. We're making plans for the summer - trips to visit the other grandparents, birthday parties and possibly THE State Fair.
5. Speaking of the State Fair I'm considering completely embracing my old-lady-ness and submitting some craft projects for judging. I have to admit I've always wanted to win a blue ribbon from a State Fair, and though I doubt I will with anything I have ready to show right now, it'd be a great thing to strive for in the years to come.
6. Speaking of crafting I've got some fun projects in the works crafting wise - I can't wait to share!
7. And lastly I leave you with a little more State Fair-ness. (After looking for this clip I fell in love with this movie all over again)
What are your plans for the summer? Going to your state fair? Going to my State Fair?