Thursday, June 2, 2011

Quick Takes - Weekly Recap

Just a quick recap of the week.

1.  The garden/moat is underway.  There are 4 pumpkins plants and a row of green onions so far.  I still want to get the corn, jack-0-lanterns and maybe some carrots and radishes in before I call it quits.  The moat idea has actually kept the plot from flooding completely and I'm rather proud.

2.  I ventured out to my local Farmer's Market this week, it was great.  I love being in the middle of local commerce like that with it's range of people from the older lady with her small selection of honey, to the hippie kids with their CSA across from the Mennonite baker with the great smile.

3.The container plants are doing well.  Any advice on harvesting cilantro?

4. We're making plans for the summer - trips to visit the other grandparents, birthday parties and possibly THE State Fair.

5.  Speaking of the State Fair I'm considering completely embracing my old-lady-ness and submitting some craft projects for judging.  I have to admit I've always wanted to win a blue ribbon from a State Fair, and though I doubt I will with anything I have ready to show right now, it'd be a great thing to strive for in the years to come.

6.  Speaking of crafting I've got some fun projects in the works crafting wise - I can't wait to share!

7.  And lastly I leave you with a little more State Fair-ness.  (After looking for this clip I fell in love with this movie all over again)

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ASc1-we4gI&w=425&h=349]

What are your plans for the summer?  Going to your state fair?  Going to my State Fair?

5 comments:

  1. "State Fair" is one of our favorites. I know I have done something right when I find my progeny (ages 24, 23 and 20) all singing songs from State Fair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why doesn't our state fair look like that???

    Can I wear that dress on a date? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might just have to dress up fancy when we go this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a period for just about every R&H musical and a bunch of the others that it was all I would watch as a kid. I had no idea who Madonna or New Kids on the Block were, but I knew every line to things like the King and I, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, South Pacific, Oliver... the list goes on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the State Fair! We spent like an hour looking at all the quilts, and pumpkins, and all the 4-h projects. I also love the animals. It's so awesome. You should totally submit something!

    Our garden is coming along pretty well too. We have tomatoes, peppers, beans, swiss chard, carrots, and spaghetti squash. We'll see how they do! I LOVE going to he farmer's market; the cross-section of people is awesome.

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...