Monday, June 13, 2011

Looking Forward

Looking Forward

Right now I'm looking forward to

... having our living space cleaned and rearranged after yesterday impromptu move out of our old room which seems to flood with the torrential rain we've had.

... my easy week of work starting (I work a two-week rotation, 3 days on, 1 day off, 4 days on, 2 days off, 2 days on, 2 days off).  I'm finishing my four days today.

... getting the storage area cleaned up this week.  Getting things put away and unpacked.  Giving ourselves a feeling of more permanence in our situation.

... getting out to the garden and finishing up the planting, even though it's supposed to rain everyday I have off this week.

... getting my matching sheets in the mail and making an aesthetically beautiful bed (read matching) soon!

... the day when all of this will be worth it, when we will (read I will, as my husband proclaims to have no pride to bruise) look back and realize it was all worth it and feel wise.

... to spending as much time as I can with my beautiful boy; more sadness out of the PICU (pediatric intensive care unit) that I work in makes me realize that if I ever had a choice between my child's health and having to live this way for ever I'd share this house and live out of this basement level for the rest of my years happy.  Continuing to pray for little Baby N* as he prepares to celebrate his first birthday in Heaven free of pain and with a perfect working heart, and for his parents to eventually see the blessings in it all.

 

3 comments:

  1. Its all worth it! And you have your mom to help you get the basement in ship shape!
    BTW, I think your hubby is actually looking forward to moving his computer in the "swamp" room which will no longer be the swamp room as soon as we figure out where the rain/water is coming in from! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are being wise and it is all worth it already, though obviously I don't actually know the details of what you're going through. But seriously, way to get ahead! And you not only have a healthy baby, you have a son who will get so much more because you were willing to have less at a time when he is too young to remember it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks rae! There are days I feel so blessed ans awesome for these decisions ans some days I feel blessed and a little embarrassed by it all.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...