Friday, June 17, 2011

Corn is in!

It's not pretty, it's so not pretty and just like my 8 p.m. decision two days ago to turnover the plot it's a result of guerilla gardening - which often stems from a look at the weather forecast and deciding now or never!  (my ten-day forecast is this - rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, sun, sun, rain, rain)



In the coming years I plan to actually have a plan for my in-the-ground garden, but for now there are seeds in the ground and that works for me!  This years more about experimentation, eventually I'd love to have enough plots to provide a good amount of vegetables and fruit for my family - but that's the goal, now I'll be a few pumpkins for Halloween, a few ears of sweet corn, and a handful of everything else.

Hopefully I can get my fencing up this weekend.  But all in all not bad for an hours work this morning!

2 comments:

  1. I am excited to see how it turns out! We have been thinking of planting corn ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping something grows out of my two little rows of corn! You should do it, nothing better than fresh sweet corn!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...