Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Molly Makes...

After the onslaught of the Homemade Christmas gifts from the last post I decided I wanted to have January's crafting a little more "me" centered.  Mainly because my walls were a little on the bare side.  What resulted was a lot of embroidery.

Detail:



Also finished this


 


and this



And for an idea of gauge, and because I'm rather proud of my small stitches.  A close up next to a bottle cap left over from New Years Eve.




These three projects were made from patterns found in a Dover Needlework Transfer Pattern Book picked up at the Goodwill for about 50 cents.  Thread was left over from the craft de-stash I was gifted, fabric was leftover from my days as a freelance costume designer and embroidery hoops were picked up years ago probably from a Goodwill.

4 comments:

  1. How fun! Sometimes I think I want to learn to embroider. How did you learn? Like did someone teach you or did you learn it from the book or did you just pick it up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was taught some basic needlecraft as a girl, but it didn't really stick as I didn't take an interest in all that "old timey stuff" until I was out of high school. I'm working on a "library" page that will have some of my best reference books listed soo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all beautiful! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I'm hoping to expand my needlework repertoire soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...