Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Molly Makes...

The best part of Making-Do is the making part.  Figuring out how to turn something you love to do into something better for you or those around you.  For me I love that I can turn my hobbies into something useful, it helps the cheap and miserly part of brain relax a little when I know that what I purchase for a craft will eventually become something wearable, gift-able or usable.  I have quite a few projects to share, and have been having great fun making things for my little boy, but right now I'm going to rewind the clock back to Christmas 2009, or as I like to think of it "Make"-mas 2009.

Because of my jobs yearly schedule I had November, December and January completely free.  Before you start seeing red please let it be known that they kindly gave me this time off free of any sort of paycheck.  So with my ample free time I decided to go all out with the Christmas presents that year.

Now this wouldn't be appropriate if I said I ran out and got all new supplies, rather I dove deep into things I had - leftovers and notions from unfinished or abandoned projects.

Hand - Cross Stitched "Noel" Decorative Pillows with Felt Backs for the Grandmother-in-Laws




Wool Felt Bird Ornaments - My Own Design -


One set for my Cousin and her New Husband and One set for my Aunt and Uncle



Ben said the grey birds looked evil because of the red french-knot eyes.


I said I didn't ask for his opinion.


;)



Lots and Lots of Knitting -


I owe you a clearer picture of these later and that last hole is stitched up - but these are the hubbies WWII Era Pattern "Trigger Gloves".



Made with this Amazing Purl Bee Pattern "Simple Pleasures Hat" for the Best Friends New Hubby.



The Montse Beret for the Best Friend to Keep Her Warm Up By the Lake



The Meret Beret for my Mother in Law



And Another "Simple Pleasures Hat" for my Father in Law




A run down of my materials and expenses -

Noel Pillows - Purchased the pattern from a local quilting store.  Fabric, thread, wool-backing gifted to be from my mothers de-stashing of her own craft supplies  (she has a side business selling her craft-wares)

Felt Birds - My own pattern and design, felted wool (recycled from skirts and sweaters) and thread also from my mother de-stashing

Knit Hats & Gloves - Patterns were all free!  Purchased yarn for the pink hat and black gloves from local yarn store, the rest were made from leftovers from past projects.

Overall nothing store-bought, nothing expensive all from the heart and (especially the knitwear) appreciated and used!

1 comment:

  1. [...] to knit and easy to complete with one skein – perfect for a holiday present.  As you can see HERE I’ve done just that … and knit myself a few because of my uncanny hat-loosing ability [...]

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...